As 2017 winds down, many holiday shoppers are still searching for that perfect gift for a special friend or loved one. “Fingerlings” toys seem to be the “viral” gift for kids this year, with retailers like Amazon and Toys R Us reporting that the mini-robots are flying off the shelves.
But what about the data-philes on the holiday list? For those who are on the “nice” list this year, 2018 promises to distribute some good cheer in the form of trends that will help IT experts, developers and other data-focused professionals work more efficiently and effectively:
- Smaller, faster, better data: The macrotrend toward small, discrete units of data is spreading beyond the Internet of Things to incorporate information from other data sources, including business and consumer apps. Fine-grained data is changing the landscape and will open new possibilities for people who integrate and manage it effectively in the years to come.
- Cloud-based integration platforms: Liaison’s ALLOYTM Platform recognizes all patterns of data, breaks down data silos and unifies information, enabling users to reach new heights of innovation and efficiency. Companies need these capabilities, and that’s why Liaison is growing so quickly, and that strong growth will continue as demand rises in 2018.
- Artificial intelligence (AI)-driven innovation: AI holds much promise for changing the world as we know it, from driving new medical discoveries to handling traffic patterns to detecting fraud. And we’ve only scratched the surface of what is possible. In the years ahead, data proliferation and an increasing ability to manage information in real time will accelerate AI innovation.
- Real-time response capabilities: Old-school BI tools that stored data in silos make it difficult to apply automation to respond to events in real-time. But thanks to cloud-based platforms that recognize all patterns of data and bring information together in one place, developers can apply AI to enable real-time response to specific events, such as commodity price fluctuations.
- Freedom from drudgery: Developers, who tend to be naturally curious, highly educated people, have been languishing in a DIY integration trap for years. As data sources have proliferated, they’ve spent countless hours devising integration workarounds. But thanks to the rise of cloud-based integration platforms like ALLOY, they can focus on more strategic tasks.
- One item on the data-focused holiday shopping list serves as a precursor for many of the other promising trends on tap for the years ahead: a cloud-based platform that enables companies to integrate and manage data, like Liaison’s groundbreaking ALLOY Platform. The ability to aggregate data from distributed networks creates fertile ground for all sorts of innovations, including AI applications that can help companies make new discoveries, save money and take advantage of time-limited market opportunities.
- If the data professionals in your life have been nice this year, consider putting ALLOY under the tree. An award-winning tool that can unleash the awesome power of data, the ALLOY Platform is the gift that keeps on giving, all year long. Find out more here.